How Collagen Supplements Work And Benefits The Skin
Collagen is a no more hidden ingredient from the wellness world right now, especially everyone aware of its swear beauty benefits. Collagen trend has spread from cosmetics to treating disease. Collagen is the complex structural protein that includes specific amino acids that act as a building block for the most part of your body like skin, muscles and tendons, bone, connective tissue, joints, and teeth. Collagen is also present in parts of our nails and hair. Collagen is the most abundant protein found in the human body because collagen forms up to 25 to 35 percent of the overall body protein contents. It’s impossible to measure the collagen level in your body, but you can tell when it’s level of production falls.
Collagen is holding up the whole body by its insoluble fibrous structure for its indisputable tensile strength. By study, collagen is available in 28 types; each type is different in its structure and function. Each collagen type repeatedly contains glycine, proline, arginine, and hydroxyproline amino acids. Out of these 28, only type I, II, III, IV, and V collagen form the 80 to 90 percent of the whole collagen in your body. Type I collagen is most abundant among the other two, which can be found in the skin, tendons, and bones. Type II and type V are present in cartilage and promote joint health.
When our own body forms the collagen is called endogenous collagen, and collagen, which synthetically prepared, is called exogenous collagen. Collagen is formed in the extracellular matrix, which is secreted by the specialized cells called fibroblast, which is present under the skin and connective tissue. As we grow older, collagen production declines, and the cell structure in the body get weakens. Less collagen loses skin elasticity, which serves the main reason for skin sagging in older age. Studies revealed that taking collagen from your diet or externally supports plump skin and reduce wrinkles. Collagen taken from outside is categorized into two; Marine sourced collagen and Bovine sourced collagen peptides.
In last year it is measured hike in sales of collagen supplements by 34 percent, which is statistically improving from the previous year. Collagen supplements expeditiously level up the collagen mark in your body and help to sustain that level in the body.
How You Can Procure More Collagen Into Your Diet
For stronger bones, sore-less muscles and joints, strengthen hair and nails, healthy and younger skin, isn’t it triggers your mind that how to get more collagen in our diet? Well, you arrived at an admiring question. Here’s the good dietary source of collagen you must include in your diet:
1. Bone Broth- It is made from animal bones (chicken, fish, or cattle) and connective tissues. This is rich in collagen and minerals. This cooked soup is making your body to restore the collagens which your body lacks as you age.
2. Dogfish Egg-case- This marine species resembles the same collagen of human type I collagen. Dogfish are also high in minerals and vitamins.
3. Mussel Byssus- Byssus is the strong, thin, silky fibers that are made from proteins typically collagen and used by mussels to stay attached to the rocks or other substrates. The byssus glands of mussel produce byssus. The biopolymer brings extensive strength that underwater also mussel clings to the stone, which surpasses the adherence underwater.
4. Egg yolk and eggshell membrane – Eggshell membrane consists of the proteins in the form of type I and V collagen. This is one of the readily available and cheapest sources of collagen.
5. Animal skin viz; Pork, Salmon, and Chicken are the excellent source of fibrous proteins and a potential source of collagen available naturally.
6. Vegetables- Dark green leafy like kale and spinach category vegetables help in restoring damaged collagen due to harmful UV rays exposure.
7. Fruits- Fresh fruits like strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries are high in antioxidants which fight for ravaging free radicals. So next time you are tempted to an ad box of Botox, take a handful of berries to surpass your hunger, which also enhances your skin glow.
The above list was the primary best source to increase collagen and suppose if you don’t have a dedicated time to sort the above things in your diet, you can consider the second-best collagen source. The second best collagen source includes ready-made collagen supplements. Collagen supplements are available in tablet, powder, and capsules.
1. Oziva Collagen Powder– This is the first only plant-source based collagen supplement which is invented on the principle of beauty-from-within concept. This plant-based collagen will provide your body with the required ingredients your body needs to produce collagen on its own. This product is free from the harmful natural substance so that you might have in mind that it will contribute to weight gain or cholesterol increase. Harmful substance includes soy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy ingredient-free, preservative-free, artificial sweetener-free, and non-GMO.
All ingredients used in this magical product are natural, superfoods that boosting collagen synthesis, and food with high antioxidants like acai berry, sea buckthorn, bamboo shoot, sesbania agati, etc.
Oziva Collagen boosting powder is an excellent choice for vegetarians as they have not to compromise on their values. This product comes with a pocket-friendly budget, so I highly recommend for vegetarians to beat their age difference and
Kayos natural offers purest bovine collagen of the highest quality, and it contains no harmful substances like gluten, dairy, soy, and sugar. This protein powder made up of type1 and 3 collagen formed in a natural way that your body benefits it most effectively.
For fear of aging, the production of synthetic collagen has become popular and only true remedy works. Collagen is present in powder form, which is also called collagen peptides or hydrolyzed collagen, which is a more processed form of collagen. This hydrolyzed collagen doesn’t have any flavor itself, so it can easily mix up with beverages and smoothies. Take one scoop or two of this collagen protein powder and mix in your smoothie to make it easier collagen diet.
Check if you looking for clear glowing skin- Foods Benefits Skin Abundantly
Technologically, to bring benefits without a doubt for healthier skin, you can combine collagen-rich sources with other skin beneficial ingredients like vitamin C, hyaluronic acid to your daily routine that brings additional benefits to the potent anti-aging effects. Many cosmetics like antiaging creams are based on this formula that is available in the market.
If you are pregnant, then follow up with your doctor to check the collagen supplements will be fine to check on. Otherwise, all peptide collagens are safe in pregnancy.
To get the best results from an outside source of collagen, take 1 or two scoops of collagen peptide or marine collagen in a day. Regular consumption ensures that your body has enough supply of pure collagen for daily body rebuilding. You can mix this magical powder with any of your favorite drinks like coffee, smoothie, etc.